Strawflower Garland Tips
If you're stringing strawflower garland (from my kit or otherwise), a few tips will help:
- Make sure all of the flowers are facing the same direction, and remove any pieces of stem.
- Set up your flowers ahead of time in the order you want to string them so that your flower colors are cohesive in the end result.
- Mark your string ahead of time with a sharpie so that your flowers will be spaced evenly. My kits are intended to space the flowers every 6", but you can choose your own adventure.
- You can string the flowers either by running the needle and cord once through the flower, which leaves them sitting sideways on the cord, or by by running the needle through the flower twice so that they are oriented facing away from the cord. The advantage of running the needle through the flower twice is that the flower is stable on the cord and won't slide around. In case you're wondering what I'm talking about, I've added some example pictures below.
- Most importantly: have fun!