We're hiring a Studio Assistant! You can find the job description listed below.
If you think you'd be a great fit we'd love to hear from you. Please click here to access the Application, and also forward a pdf of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spotted Dog Farm is a resin jewelry studio in Asheville, NC with a thriving online business. Our mission is to make the highest quality handmade resin jewelry and instructional materials, with exceptional design, customer service and integrity.
We are hiring a personable, organized, industrious studio assistant to produce resin jewelry and assist with customer service. This person will work with the Designer/Business Owner and Administrative Assistant. They will be detail oriented, self motivated and passionate about creating the best possible product. Working in an emerging company, it’s also imperative they be flexible and enthusiastic.
Following is a list of the majority of the duties covered by this position. However, as the company’s needs evolve and grow it is important to have an ability and willingness to learn new skills.
- Plan and execute production of resin jewelry.
- Schedule production to maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Manage inventory on Etsy and our website.
- Produce and manage inventory of molds required for production.
- Manage customer service inquiries and shipping in a timely manner that aligns with company culture and policies, and ensure that nothing gets missed.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to play well with others, with a sense of humor and a willingness to accept responsibility.
- Experience in production of resin jewelry would be great but is not required. Experience with hands-on casting or production (woodworking, jewelry production etc.) is preferred, but we can train the right person.
- Excellent attention to detail is a necessity.
- Willingness to receive feedback.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including customer service experience.
- Computer savvy. Experience with Google Drive, Etsy, Shopify and/or Shipstation preferred.
- Must provide exceptional references from prior employment, and pass a background check and drug test.
- This is a part-time position, beginning with approximately 15 hours per week. Must be able to work Monday-Friday, approximately 3 hours per day, between the hours of 9am-4pm at my studio in Asheville, NC. Potential for more hours as the business grows.
- You will be using epoxy based resin, and will be provided with a mask, goggles and gloves that must be worn when using resin.
- You will be using an air compressor and pressurizing the casting pots. You will also be using an electric sander, a vacuum chamber, and a rotary tool. This is a fairly physical job.
- You will be asked to fill in for others and complete a variety of tasks that may not be related to your specific role, including tasks such as packing and shipping when necessary.
- You must be flexible and ready to change directions when needed, and be excited about playing a big part in building something great!
This is not for you if:
- You can’t commit to a consistent schedule.
- You don’t like being told what to do. While we’re open to your creative thinking and input, this is a support role and you will need to follow the production process in our Operations Manuals.
- You’re only looking for short-term work - we’re looking for a committed team member who would like to help grow an emerging business.
- This is a contract/hourly position.
- Pay will be based on experience. Spotted Dog Farm complies with the Living Wage in this area ($12.50/hour), and is committed to paying a thriving wage that allows our employees to support themselves and their families.
How to Apply
- Click here for the application, and forward a pdf copy of your resume to email@example.com.