As I mentioned in my previous post, I decided to jump into Andrea Mowry's Shiftalong Hat knitalong for the Memorial Day weekend. And while I might have ended up finishing on Tuesday morning, still... I finished!
I love it. Something about this mosaic pattern is weirdly satisfying, and the Spincycle tends to look good no matter which two colors you put together. But this is where I have to confess - I actually took the skeins apart and cherry picked where I wanted the color runs to change. Because a hat is so small that I was afraid I'd only get a few of the colors in the skein, and I wanted to see them all! And I didn't want weird changes of the background color. This is not the most efficient way to knit up Spincycle, and I don't think I'd get that concerned about it for a bigger piece, but I do like the way it turned out for the hat.
This picture is pre-blocking, and when I blocked it expanded like a sea monkey, so once it's fully dry I think it's possible it'll spend a little time in the dryer, but overall it's a good fit (based on my Shift Cowl I knew the stitch pattern was going to expand, so I purposely made the hat a size smaller than I wanted. But still, I think I'm going to steam block my Shifty sweater and not risk the Great Shift Expansion of 2019.)